Menu
adyjl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can’t receive incoming calls on 4g

Living in the Stoke-On-Trent area my wife and I can suddenly not receive incoming calls at home. It appears to be related to network switching. As I understand it, when a call is received the handset switches from 4g to 3G. If I call my iPhone from my wife’s galaxy s9, I see the 4g change to 3G but then the call fails. The message saying this phone is turned off or unavailable. Sometimes it will continue to give a ringing tone to the caller but no sound or sign of a call is seen at the receiving end. Shortly after the iPhone will switch back to 4g again. This is repeatable behaviour. If I switch off 4g or switch off mobile data altogether I can receive calls without issue. This is hardly satisfactory as I am paying for 4g. If I need to turn it off to use the phone then I am effectively paying for something I can not use. This issue is affecting both devices in exactly the same way. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t receive incoming calls on 4g

That sounds like a very old problem which has done it's rounds on various masts in last couple of years 🤔

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Unable-to-receive-calls-on-4G/m-p/3925474

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t receive incoming calls on 4g

This has cropped up from time to time and seems to be down to the EE network in places.  Easy to check if you can try in a location away from where you have the problem

Don't know the outcome of the other complaints as nobody seems to have come back to say it's fixed: I assume it has.

Assume EE are reporting all OK. Still, worth a check.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos