Menu
kjohnson15
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can’t receive calls

Hi

I have just had my number ported to Virgin from ID. I can text WhatsApp FaceTime and make calls but can’t receive calls. Please advise

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Witsenday
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t receive calls

Hi,

I can't help directly, but I have the same problem as of yesterday. However I also cannot receive texts (SMS) in addition to calls. Something to check there. 

I placed a post last night looking for help, but no replies yet. From what I gather from other posts the issue could be a 'split port'. It's not something customer service can deal with and will have to be 'escalated'. The bad news is this could take a few days.

I'm expecting a call back on my landline from customer service today, and will update my post with any info or solutions I can get.

All the best.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @kjohnson15

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with receiving calls since porting your number over to us. Do you know what happens when someone tries to call you? 

I have located your account from here and all is looking to be correct on the surface; can you advise what handset you're using? You may need to change some handset settings to recognise the new number you have ported; it could still be remembering the original number that was assigned to your SIM. This can sometimes impact incoming calls on certain handsets

If you have an iphone please try Settings> Phone> My number

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kjohnson15
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all sorted but thanks for your help x

0 Kudos
Witsenday
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How did you get it sorted? Might be helpful for anyone else with similar problems.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think it may have been from the advise above @Witsenday.

Are you able to confirm @kjohnson15

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
kjohnson15
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I was being impatient, just had to wait for my transfer to complete properly 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah lovely 🙂 Thank you for coming back and letting us know. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos