cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts after porting

ezu6yn4xgma0i
Tuning in

Hi,

I ported my number from Three Mobile on Friday 12th June and, other than receiving text messages directly from Virgin, I have not been able to receive calls or texts from anyone else ever since.  Somehow, I am able to make calls - seems like a split port issue?  It's well over a week and Virgin still haven't sorted this out for me.

Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved?

I've called customer service numerous times since 12 June.  I've been asked to do network resets, a number of other setting changes, downloaded Virgin's configuration profile, was given a new SIM card but nothing has worked.  They then told me that it's probably an issue with the mast in my area and to wait another 24-48 hrs for an engineer to investigate the mast.  Just received an email to say there is no issue with the mast.  I still can't receive calls.

What can I do?  I am concerned that my number is now lost because of this failed port.

133 REPLIES 133

Hi, same issue here with no incoming calls/texts after porting number. There was an IT ticket raised after trying everything including new sim.

Still not working however, realise its busy time over holidays. Glad to see someone else get this resolved, so fingers crossed.

Any moderate here that could help?Thanks, Neil

Hey @nemcle,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your calls and texts. I can see that you have spoken to the team, since you posted, have they been able to get this issue resolved for you?

Regards

Steven_L

bforeman
Just joined

Hello,

my number ported today - I can make calls but can't receive any calls or texts. If I try to call my phone from another phone it says the number isn't recognised. Do I need to wait until midnight? 

Thanks 

Good Afternoon bforeman,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me if this is still on going, or if this has since been resolved?

Are you using an iPhone by any chance? You may need to manually alter the phone number in the setting menu of the handset as this would revert to the original phone number of the SIM card and not recognise the porting of the former number over to Virgin Mobile

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi.

I am having a similar problem. I ported my number to Virgin over 3 weeks ago from Sky and still can not make or receive calls, but only receive text messages. I’ve called the support number so many times but still haven’t got anything resolved! I am getting so frustrated... What can I do to get this resolved quickly?

Welcome to the Community Forums, DanJH, as this is a duplicate query, we have replied to your other post.

Cheers,

Corey C

ayhamesm
Joining in

Hi,

have been experiencing the same problems.

I have ported two days ago and  can't  receive texts or calls. 

Can anyone in the forums help. 

Regards 

Ayham 

Hi, i have had my number ported from three to virgin media and i can only make calls and can't receive calls. Looking online seems like an issue with split porting. As the number that is ported is my main business number i rely on I can't afford to have any downtime. Any help please

Hello Iqbalatif

Sorry to hear this has happened 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Wallace_1993
Joining in

Hi,

I think i'm having the same issue as everyone else in the thread (split porting)

I was sent a replacement sim last week, I can make calls but i cannot recieve them. Whenever i try to call my mobile number from another phone it automatically heads to voicemail.

Please can someone help asap.

Regards,