cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls from o2 phones

Vcassen1
Joining in

I switched from o2 to Virgin last week and ported my number across using my pac code. All switched smoothly apart from the fact that anyone on an o2 number cannot call me and it says ‘the number you have dialled is not recognised’. They can text me, and I can call them no problem and my number appears on their screen as normal. I can receive calls from other networks and landlines it seems. I have talked to people on live chat and on the phone, have gone through every setting to try and resolve this and still no joy. Has anyone else experienced this? Please can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Rachel135
Joining in

Exactly the same thing happened to me. It was very frustrating! I found that the people on the phone didn't really understand the issue and kept going through the list of various settings to change, when I was sure it wasn't related to any phone settings. It seemed to me that the number didn't port correctly. I kept asking them to report the issue to a technical team, which they did eventually do, because one day it was just sorted (although it did take at least a week longer than I had been told it would). I did have to keep chasing it though, and getting friends on O2 to try ringing me to test it. Virgin also never actually notified me that it had been fixed. I also posted on here and someone from Virgin contacted me, so I'm not sure whether the resolution came this way or via my phone calls. Good luck!

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Vcassen1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your phone and this does seem very strange! Can I just confirm is this only happening with O2 numbers? 

Have you been able to try the SIM in another handset at all?