cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive UK calls in Qatar

azizrasul
Joining in

I am on holiday in Qatar with a virgin mobile UK sim. My son from the UK can't call me. I have the right settings in my account. Can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @azizrasul

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to our Community Forums! It's great to have you here! 

Can I ask if it's just your son who is unable to call or are you not able to receive any other calls? 

Also, what happens when your son tried to call? 

Thank you. 

Can't receive calls. The same for other family members with different UK SIMS. Will ask my son what happens when he calls and repost.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought. As it costs £1.50 per minute to receive a call in Quatar check you don't have a spending cap applied.

In similar situations I use WiFi hotspots and WhatsApp 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My son said he received a message saying can't connect. Someone else said they got a high pitched sound 

No limit issues. Also the same happens to other family members.

It has not been possible to connect your call, please try again

Other phones produce whistling noise

Thank you for checking and for confirming. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this now. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Didn't help unfortunately. When I changed my number to a Qatari number then all good.

Pleased to hear you were able to get it working in the end azizrasul, can you please clarify how you changed your number?

Thanks

Beth