cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive Calls or Texts on network

stonelane
Joining in

Since the 17th May my phones has been unable to receive calls or texts. I'm able to call out from my phone and send texts but anyone who calls me get sent to a this number is not available and texts just bounce. I've gone over all the "help" guilds Virgin mobile have check all my settings, made sure my version of android is the latest ect. Spoke with support twice with absolutely no effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @stonelane 👋.

Thanks for that, in order we will need to look into this further we will need to bring you in to a private message to clear some details so we can resolve this. Look out for my private message in your envelope on the top right on your screen, or if you are using a mobile device it will be under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stonelane 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having issues with your texts and calls. Can i ask, have you noticed this both indoors and out? is it in all areas? Is it possible for you to test the sim in another phone if possible and check the o2 outage checker for any potential issues with the service.

👉 O2 Service checker 👈.

Please let us know how you get on.

Sabrina

Doesn't matter where I am, usually have between 2 to full bars reception. O2 shows no issues in my area. Both my son and Wife are on Virgin both their phones are working fine though my sons had the same issue I had but only for the Wednesday. Tried sim in other phone and same issues

Hi @stonelane 👋.

Thanks for responding so quickly, just one more factor that we need to rule out. Could you please reverse the process with the phone and sim card, so placing someone else's sim card in your handset, and let us know of the outcome.

Let us know.

Sabrina

stonelane
Joining in

Okay tried different sim in my phone and was able to get texts and a call. My sim in another phone still nothing. Did notice that when I had my sons sim on my phone the SIM managers shows Sim 1 Network and then the sims phone number but my sim only shows Sim 1 network provider and then says unknown number

Hey @stonelane 👋.

Thanks for that, in order we will need to look into this further we will need to bring you in to a private message to clear some details so we can resolve this. Look out for my private message in your envelope on the top right on your screen, or if you are using a mobile device it will be under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stonelane,

Thanks for coming back to us via Private Message! Glad to hear that Sabrina and I were able to assist you today! 

Let us know how you're getting on with your new SIM when it arrives and keep us updated if you need any further help or assistance. 

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tellrose
Joining in

Did this get sorted? I’m having the same issue! 

Hi @Tellrose 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing the same issue. 

Can you confirm if you have tried following the advise suggested on this thread to see if it helps?

If not, we can certainly arrange a replacement sim card for you also. 

Pop back and let me know 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have now had two days when I haven't had phone calls as promised. Phoned last Wed 28th June - spoke to Michael in retentions care. Clarified I had tried all troubleshooting steps and said he would send a new sim out (despite me saying that wouldn't work).

Received sim card on monday 3rd - didn't work. Spoke to Kathy - said she had sent a ticket through to IT to speak to 3 about number porting issues and phone my husband/my work phone with an update yesterday. She didn't phone. I phoned again for 30 mins yesterday and spoke to Jes; she told me that she couldn't find any ticket. Said she had raised a new one and that I would be phoned back by her with an update today - no phone call. She also said that she would lodge a complaint and i would hear back by tomorrow., I have spent several hours trying to sort this out and have now had 4 weeks of not being able to receive calls or texts.

Rosemary Tell