Menu
Beebeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't make outgoing calls

Since Dec I haven't been able to make outgoing calls on my one plus 8 t mobile.i now have a new SIM and it still doesn't work. I've tried the sim in my old phone and it doesn't work there either. I can receive calls and do everything else apart from outgoing calls.  No idea what to do now! 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make outgoing calls

Hi Beebeth, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can you tell me whether an error message appears on screen when you insert the SIM?

Also, what does the message state when you try to call someone?

Does it happen with all numbers or just particular ones?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Beebeth
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There was no error when I inserted the sim . When I make outgoing calls to any number the screen looks as if it's calling but the calls don't get to the other phone and there's nothing on the other person's phone to say I'm calling. I've phoned Virgin who say it's trouble with the mast being upgraded to 5 g. However I've asked other Virgin users in the area and they have no trouble. I'm now having to pay to use my landline during the week as I only have unlimited calls on my mobile. It's cost £18 extra this month as I'm unable to use the service I'm paying for already . It is very inconvenient and Virgin gave no indication how long the problem will continue. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BeeBeth, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I am sorry this is causing so much frustration.

We will always be happy to help with these sort of issues!

Can you tell me what handset model you're using along with the OS?

Can I also ask how long ago you received a replacement SIM?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Beebeth
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My handset is one plus 8 t. New in November. I was able to make calls on it at first. My new SIM came last week. I've tried a Vodaphone SIM in my handset and was able to make an outgoing call so testing that the problem isn't the phone. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beebeth,

Have you got WiFi calling turned on? If so, can you turn it off for me and try making a call?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Beebeth
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It didn't work . Thanks for responding. I've contacted Virgin by telephone and I'm told their IT department are looking into things and they will phone me back in a few days. 

Kind regards 

Beebeth

0 Kudos