Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't make or receive calls AGAIN!!!!!

I can't make or receive calls or texts and have no data for the last 2 days. This is the second time this has happened this year. I'm sick of this substandard service. I can't even call you to complain. The last time this happened i had no phone for over a week (March - see my previous post). Fix this issue and refund my account. Unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make or receive calls AGAIN!!!!!

I have just been told by a call centre representative that my iPhone 8 Plus is no longer compatible with the new Virgin SIM cards and they offered me £20 credit to buy a new phone e off them (I guess you can imagine what my response was). 
Will be requesting a PAC code tomorrow!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Of course it's compatible. The only problem with the new SIMs and that phone is when the phone needs network unlocking from EE (Supplier of the old cards)

Had the phone worked at all on the new SIM?

Have you checked for network problems

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The phone was working with the new sim for about 2 weeks (up until 2 days ago). 
The call centre person definitely said that the phone is no longer compatible with the new sims and was adamant that nothing could be done!! Although she did say that had I bought the very same phone from Virgin themselves it would be fine! Wasn’t aware that they were allowed to do that??

It has never been a phone that was with EE (O2 was the previous network) and besides the phone worked fine with the old SIM before they sent a new one through for years. It is clear they can’t be bothered looking into the problem so once I can get a hold of them I will be requesting a PAC code and going elsewhere. Absolutely dire service and if it is the case then I imagine I will be one of many people leaving if any phones older than an iPhone 8 Plus are no longer compatible?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung A7 and my virgin SIM is tied into a 12 month contract with virgin broadband. Back in March the SIM provided by virgin worked fine for a month and then had zero connection for over a week. The ability to text came back first, then calls. Also last week my texts were received by friends hours after sending I.e. not instant. EE service checker says no known issues in my area...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You know you can get a PAC code from your online account? No need to ring 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yeah I tried that and couldn’t remember my account details. When I tried to recover my password it wanted the mobile number (wait for it!) It didn’t recognize the number provided!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fangouk,

I am very sorry to hear that you've been unable to use your mobile services over the weekend. 

Can you please confirm if you have been able to get any help with this since posting? Let me know if you still need assistance and I'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos