Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can’t make calls

Yesterday I went to make a call but couldn’t because it said I had no credit but I have unlimited calls on my account. Spoke to virgin twice yesterday and still can’t make any call, did everything they said and still made no difference. Really not happy as I’m a new customer and the problem is not being sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t make calls

Is this to a particular number or all numbers.

You usually get that message when a call is to a number outside your allowance, chargeable and your spending cap is set to 0

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s to all numbers, U.K. land lines and to U.K. mobiles 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 41guest, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

As enlli advised, this only happens when a spending cap is set on an account and then the number you are trying to reach is a chargeable call. Can I ask in the time it has taken for me to respond to this post, has anything changed?

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to sort it. It had nothing to do with the spending cap or my account. I ended up going through to an Apple engineer, the problem ended up being something to do with the language and region setting on the phone. But all sorted now though 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How did you do this it’s happening to me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MGalvin

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our forums; I was sorry to understand that you have been having some issues with making calls recently. 

Are you still having issues since your post last week? 

What happens when you try and make a call? Do you get any error messages pop up? Can you receive calls ok? 

Have you tried rebooting the handset or a manual network search to see if that helps? 

Please do get back in touch if you're still having issues with some more information and we can do all we can to help you out. 

Cheers

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is happening to me now.

i have unlimited minutes with my contract but when I make any outgoing calls to landlines or mobiles I get told I don’t have enough credit to make this a call.

i haven’t been able to make an outgoing call since I joined virgin over a month ago and I’ve not been able to get hold of anyone for support either. 

Can anyone help me resolve this?

0 Kudos