Menu
pczyzak
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't make calls abroad

Unable to make or receive calls in Poland, even to 789 number. Txts are working fine but there in mobile data. Both mine and my wifes phone (both virgin numbers) have the same issues. Mobile network and roaming is on, apn set to virgin. Unable to check my account but roaming on my wife's account is set on and int call barring is off. When we try to phone somebody it tries to connect for about one second and the only message im getting is call ended. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make calls abroad

Hi there @pczyzak

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post - I am sorry that you're having some issues whilst abroad at the moment. Thanks for trying to check your roaming - have you tried a manual network search to search for another Network? Can you connect to any Network?

Do you have any bars of signal showing on the phones? Please can we ask you to reboot and try again for us when you can. 

Whilst abroad, we're not able to guarantee connection as you are using a 3rd party network to connect and make calls.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You can try the following if you have the newer (last 2 years) purple sim card, you can try the sim tool to get it working,

How to access the sim toolkit.

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK:
Select Apps from Home screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

For iOS:
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select Manual
Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry

To change back when returning to the UK:
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select Automatic mode - you are done, go back to Home screen

**It is important that you set the SIM roaming applet back to Automatic mode once in the UK or you will not be able to access service when you return.**

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pczyzak
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the answers. 

Both phones are fine now. What I did was to connect to a different network. 

When landed the phones automatically connected to tmobile network. Ive changed to plus network but could not connect but when changed to automatic connection it connected to plus instead tmobile, it took few tries and significantly longer on my wifes phone. At that point both phones had mobile data and ability to make calls. The network reverted back to tmobile after a day or two but at that point there was no issues with internet or calls. 

0 Kudos