cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my internet or data outside my home and can send messages

Lucybow
Joining in

I can't send messages, get the error 28. And can't get any internet or data outside my houseplease can someone fix this asap

12 REPLIES 12

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lucybow thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

This does sound strange, does this only occur when you are on mobile data then rather than WiFi? 

Can you also please try your SIM Card in an alternative handset, to see if this still happens for you?

Can you also please send a screenshot of this?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

I don't have another handset and this all started yesterday so basically as soon as i have left my house and my home internet connection, i get nothing when i should be getting the virgin internet but I can't even send message while I'm in the house, it just comes ups with error 28.

The internet bar has the triangle with a x in the corner 

Hi @Lucybow thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but we just need to be clear here, you've mentioned earlier that you couldn't get the connection outside your house, but in this message you've said that you can't send messages while in the house so can you please clarify?

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

I can't sent text message in the house or outside the house, basically can not send any messages at all.

Also no internet or virgin data when outside my house

what do you want the screenshot of?

when im in my house, im not on virgin internet, im on my house connection so virgin is not working at all

i @Lucybow thanks for your clarification - I understand.

You have mentioned the error code 28, so do you have the screenshot of this please?

Additionally, can you check the coverage checker here with your postcode to see if any mast issues are occurring?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Screenshot_20221006-090555.png

Hi @Lucybow thanks for your screenshot, much appreciated.

Can you please check the coverage checker link previously provided to see if it highlights any mast issues?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

Done that, no issues