cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't dial out at all

Janash37
Joining in

Am posting on behalf of my mother who cannot dial out with her phone. It is an iPhone 7. The only recent change relating to the phone is that the account owner (my father) changed (to my mother), approximately a week ago.

The phone receives incoming calls via 4G no problem. It can make/receive calls via whatsapp/over wifi. Both sending and receiving texts via 4G also works without a hitch.

We've checked things like the mobile network settings, scanned for available networks and see/connect to Virgin manually and automatically, tried switching to 3G only and other network modes and tried with wifi turned off, etc.

Whether indoors or outdoors, when dialling out the phone instantly goes to an engaged tone.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Janash37

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your mums mobile phone, I'm sorry to hear that your mum is unable to call out at the moment and that outgoing calls go to an engaged tone.

Have you tried using your mums SIM card in a different mobile handset? Can you try this and let me know if the calls still cannot be made?

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Have just tried it in an iPhone 10 and a Samsung Galaxy S5 - neither work, same issue in both phones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Janash37

Thanks for letting me know. I would like to take a further look into this issue for you. I will send you a private message now so we can clear DPA and get this sorted. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena