cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete voicemail notification from iphone

Glads
Tuning in

I have a persistent single voicemail notification on my phone which will not disappear despite my not having any new voicemail messages.

I've tried to leave another voicemail message to myself and delete that as I read that the notification will disappear but it still won't.

Any ideas? Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

That's great news Glads,

Hopefully this will be the last of the infamous voicemail notifications for you. 

However, (hopefully not) if they come back for any reason, please come back to us through this channel.

All the best Jodi. 

Fear not! I will definitely get back to you if it happens again. 

TopTenor
Tuning in

Tried all but factory reset. Then contacted Virgin. They tried resetting the sim, didn’t work. I mentioned that a thread on here had suggested that a new sim had sim solved the problem. So Virgin sent me a new sim. This worked until I recently got a new voice mail and the issue has returned. Can’t keep getting a new sim. Where to go next?

Hi TopTenor,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been unable to remove the Voicemail notification, you can remove this by calling your own number, leave a Voicemail, once received listen the the Voicemail then delete, you will hear a message saying end of messages, this will then removed the notification.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thank you for your reply. This has solved the issue. 
Many thanks 

Tony

Hi Tony,

Glad I was able to help, if you do have any further issues or if you have anything you can share which will help others, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Hi I am experiencing this issue now. I have tried leaving myself a voicemail and deleting it but it hasn't worked. What else can I try?

Hi, this resolution has worked twice for me now 🤷🏼

This is on an iPhone XR using the most up to date iOS release. 

Thanks TopTenor. So I just checked my phone again and it seems to have worked. Must take a few minutes! 

Go to settings - phone - notifications- turn off badges 

Only problem is it comes back if you turn it back on but I can live without stupid badges there anyway 

Factory reset is ridiculous advice virgin need to sort out their voicemails services for iPhone users