Menu
DanMcG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t cancel Mobile and Sim during cooling off period

Hi, I ordered a mobile phone and sim from Virgin Mobile. I have then been offered and seen better deals for the same phone and data so changed my mind.

Before the phone was delivered, as per the help section in Virgin mobile I text +44 7533 016422.

I was told I couldn’t cancel as it was already out for delivery but once I had received it to text back and they would arrange for packaging to be sent out to return.

I received the phone and so text the number again, this time I was told the messaging team couldn’t help and that I had to ring ‭0800 183 1150‬ or ‭0345 600 0789‬ which was obviously frustrating after waiting 24 hours for a response and being told different first time around.

When I ring those numbers and follow the relevant prompts I simply get told press 1 and we will send you a link to a Webpage. The Webpage is just the help section I’m unable to find any option to arrange return of my mobile phone.

I have kept all the relevant texts and I am now trying to text them again via the messenger help.

Has anyone been successful or have any advice on how I can arrange return of the mobile phone and sim and cancellation of the contract? I’m well within the cooling off period  (ordered Tuesday phone received yesterday)

Thanks for any help and advice

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t cancel Mobile and Sim during cooling off period

Hi DanMcG

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you've not been able to get through. The team are busier than normal but will answer asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
DanMcG
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, eventually the message support were able to help, the only option as phone support is not available (no queue just a recorded message) was for them to send me the relevant packaging to return the phone and change my sim to PAYG (which I won’t use obviously).

Will update to confirm if this resolves the issue so others are aware.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am glad to hear everything is in process of being sorted.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
DanMcG
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The phone was sent back and received by Virgin (I can see in track and trace) on 25/8, I hadn't unboxed it so it will have been 100% fine but received no further feedback.

The Sim shows as pay as you go in my Virgin Mobile account page.

Despite this money was take today for both the sim and phone (2 separate payments).

I've text the messaging service again, Can anyone advise any other next steps?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanMcG,

Sorry to hear this has occurred. I'll send you a PM to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos