cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call a specific number

MarkP80
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar problem to one others have posted on here. I can't ring one of the numbers in my contacts - when I call it, I get a series of sharp beeps then I'm cut off. 

I've checked with the other phone and I'm not a blocked caller. 

I did notice that my phone had put strange spaces into the number as it was listed, but I deleted and re-entered the number and it's fine now. Regardless, I've tried dialling the number from the keypad and I get the same result. 

My phone is an iPhone XS and I don't use iCloud for my contacts. 

The problem only appears to be with the one mobile I try to call, and sounds very similar to recent problems listed on here, but the threads don't indicate whether this has been resolved or provide a resolution. The number I'm calling is at my place of work and it's very important that I can call it. My husband also has a Virgin mobile and he can get through to it no problem.

Thanks,

Linda

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarkP80

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, this does seem very strange - just to confirm, is the number you are trying to dial a mobile number?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Yes, I'm trying to call a mobile number. 

Thanks,

Linda

- and I agree it's strange but when I looked through the recent posts on here it appeared that a few people have had very similar issues, eg

This

Cant call someone - Virgin Media Community - 4976050

and this

Can't call someone - Virgin Media Community - 4975452

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MarkP80

Can you confirm if you experience the issue in certain locations and also what provider you're trying to call? I may need to flag this to our team with timestamps and the locations of the SIMs when dialling etc.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs