cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access voicemail in Greece locked out

MikeCexe
Joining in

Can't access voicemail in Greece, as the first time I tried it asked for pin( which I had never set) and then after trying, it has promptly locked me out.

It seems that this is quite a common problem and something is going wrong with either your system or your chosen carrier in this part of Europe..what do I need to do?

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The team will have to set a temporary pin for you.

Setting a voicemail PIN should be done when you first set it up. Remember the phone hacking scandals surrounding the likes of Murdoch?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MikeCexe

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're not able to access your voicemail due to you not entering your PIN. As mentioned, you would have created a PIN when first activating voicemail, if you have forgotten your PIN you can use the 'Request new PIN' and a temporary PIN will be sent to you via text that will expire after 24 hours. As long as you have roaming all set up correctly on your mobile - you'll be able to request a PIN and receive the text whilst abroad. 

Here you can find the steps on to request a temporary voicemail PIN and how to change it after to your own. For more information on how to set up your mobile for use abroad you can check out this webpage

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any further questions or concerns at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Great when I click ' here' it just asks me to sign into my account and there is no ' change my voicemail ' option..I certainly don't remember setting up a password, and it seems all was ok till I came abroad..methinks I'll just not bother and look into ditching all my Virgin stuff when I'm home, cos you whenever I have an issue, all I get is advice and not solutions...,prendy!

If you scroll down on that link you'll see the steps on what to do to request a new PIN. Under 'How to set a Voicemail Pin section', there's a section that says 'What happens if I forget my PIN'. As mentioned you're mobile will need to be set up for roaming abroad for this to work. Let me know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I tried that hours ago, however the voicemail is continuously engaged tone..and hence no option to reset password!!!!

Okay thank you for confirming and trying these steps @MikeCexe. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I'm sorry we were not able to resolve your query today @MikeCexe.

If you would still like me to look into this issue and try to resolve, I would need you to answer the security questions I have asked in our private message conversation. If you do not wish to answer these questions with me at this time, please come back to us when you are ready to do so. 

You will also be asked security questions before we are able to speak about your account or change your account in anyway if you use any other contact method. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley