Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't Receive OTP from overseas bank

There was no problem receiving OTPs from the overseas bank until about three weeks ago. See a message on the bank's website that an OTP has been generated and sent. Nothing comes on the phone.
1. Virgin insisted that the problem is with the bank. The bank checked and informed me that the problem was with the service provider, VM blocking the messages. Bank suggested use anothe service provider.
2. Called support. After a lot of toing and froing, an intelligent operator decided to replace my SIM.
3. Took three days to arrive. I swapped the SIM and tried to get an OTP. Fat chance.
4. Called support. Got a response after 43 minutes. Just 40 seconds into the conversation got cut off. She had not even taken my number. Frustrating.
5. Called again. Got a response after 57 minutes. The first thing I told her that I was leaving. I gave her my number. She was helpful but put me on hold twice to consult someone. Suddenly - got cut off. SO frustrating. After more than an hour!!!!!!.  
6. I never got a callback.
7. All in all, I wasted more than THREE trying to get this resolved. What an effing farce.
7. I am now looking for another service provider. I can't change the bank because it took me three months to open an account.
8. I have been with VM for more than 15 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Receive OTP from overseas bank

Hi KGKSAH,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry to hear that you're having an issue with receiving a message from an overseas bank, this isn't good. 

In regards  to the level of service, I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

Apart from the new SIM card has anything else changed before when the messages were coming through fine? Any international or premium bars on your account? 

I know it isn't ideal but whilst this is being discussed, does the bank have any other ways of verifying you? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Receive OTP from overseas bank

Hi Emma - Thank you very much for the quick response.

Please note that we have carried out lots of transactions by receiving Otps from overseas banks.

The new SIM did not resolve the problem.

I understand that staffing levels are low and calls are not being answered in a timely manner. What really **bleep** me off and rubber-stamped my decision was the insouciant attitude of the support team. I wasted more than four hours waiting and explaining the situation twice and not being called back in the middle of getting some answers. Just pathetic. I am at the end of my tether and have finally decided to leave VM.

The banks do not have any other ways of verifying us. Security is paramount.

Anyways, thanks for responding.

I have already requested termination of service on one number. I am moving to a provider who does not piggy-back with EE. That is where the problem lies. If the other service works, i will move my second number as well.

Adios VM - after 15 years.

0 Kudos