Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Leave Virgin

You say your wife upgraded her phone last September. Do you know if it was a Freestyle Contract where the phone and airtime are two separate agreements.

If that is the case then the airtime is on a 30 day rolling contact and you can cancel just that and continue to pay just for the phone.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean. Just a sim card and pay monthly. The phone belonged to my wife. So just the sim.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi jock1e

Any annual  pay rises that affect our customers are advised in a letter 

In this letter, details will be included on how you can leave without incurring any termination fees, should you still be in contract 

Gareth_L

That's how it is with the Broardband side.

On the mobile SIM yearly rises, they are part of the contract and at inflation figures, so only a text is sent advising of how much % and a start date, there are get out of contract without termination fees.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Yeah if it's just the SIM then its 12 months

May be worth going on line and seeing how much to buy out.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Went on line and they wanted £29 or close to that. So looks like I am stuck with it. Just on the way I have been treated on my other phone I would not give them the satisfaction of paying to leave. So have to get on with it. .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

So back to my other phone. I cant send a message to virgin to send a new Pac code because they have cut the phone off from sending messages or text messages As of today we can use this method but as I cant use my phone. can it be done .using any other means. We cant cancel our mobile contract as we cant remember the security questions. Well that's not true we can answer the questions but they insist that they will only talk to the account holder who knows nothing about it as it was his wife who set up the account. Must have spent at least 2-3 hours trying to get it fixed and what do they want. They want us to phone them again. All this aggro for a £6 a month sim deal.. There must be an easier way of remembering old passwords etc from years ago.. Like I say we can remember them but they will just talk to the account holder. and not the person who set it up. My Phone so why can I answer the questions from them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply jock1e, 

If your wife is the account holder then we would ask that she calls our customer care team and let's us know that she doesn't know her memorable word and is unable to confirm the alternative security questions. We will then be able to send a copy of the memorable word to the account holder by post. 

I trust you find this information helpful.

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean_C. Sorry I have got you mixed up a bit. My wife;s phone. I am the administrator and know all of the security questions for that. one. Just trying to move from that one as the signal here on both phones is practically none existent, But they want £29 off us to move.. The other phone is mine and I was tryng to get a Pac code for it using the new system for moving that came into force today. But unfortunately Virgin has stopped my phone from working for the last month so cant text them for a pac code. The phone account holder is my son in law and it was my daughter that set it up. I just get that fed up being told that we can only talk to the account holder when he does not know the answers to the questions. I have been a customer of Virgin for about 15 years and my daughter for about 7 years and we cannot be trusted to give you the security answers. Goodness sake we stay next door to each other. Please if you can give me another way of getting out of this mess without having to use a phone.As they refuse point blank to phone again as they have .tried to many times already..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the reply jock1e, 

As you are the account holder I will be able to provide you with your PAC code. 

I have now sent you a private message so I can assist you further. 

Dean C 

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dean_C. The good news is that I believe that I have sorted out my Phone that was on my son in laws Account. It has taken a long time to get it fixed which was exasperating at times. But all is well that ends well. I Hope" Now all I need is for Virgin Mobile to drop the £29 that they were going to charge me to move to another Supplier that can give me a decent signal for my area. That is of course on my account my wife's mobile and not my son in laws account.. . If any payments due for my mobile on my son in laws account I will be quite happy to pay it if you send me the bill or whichever way is easiest for Virgin Mobile. And just remember I have not been able to use my phone for a month as Virgin turned it off and I could not use it. Thanks everyone for the information and help.
0 Kudos