Menu
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 21 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Leave Virgin

@jock1e wrote:
Hi Teabag thanks for the information. Something sort of put me off it as it mentioned 56 days. So will leave this one just now and concentrate on other ways of doing it. If that does not work I will try your method. Regards Jockie

Just because you submit through Resolver, it does not mean you can not keep trying other ways at the same time.  The longer you leave before starting the process...............................

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Looks like there will be no fix for this. My Daughter and son in law are reluctant to phone VM again. The problem is it is there account but my mobile phone number So looks highly unlikely that I will get the PAC code required. My Son in law has cancelled any payments. It was only £6 a month And as I get very few calls on my mobile it looks like I will have to stick with the new SKY number.,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

If any payments do need paid .I will pay them if contacted.
Thanks everyone for the help given but in this case there was no solution.
Well there is always a solution just not for me.

A little note to all with the latest mobile phones.
While trying to find a solution i have been using 2 phones. An iPhone for SKY and an old text and call only Nokia phone.
The iPhone needed charged every day and the old Nokia was still going after 4 days. So much for progress.

If any further news pops up I will keep you updated . But not expecting any further progress in getting a PAC code..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi not before time but the new PAC Code request by comes into force today.so that they cannot refuse to give you a Pac code any longer. So thought that I would send them the PAC code message. Unfortunately they stopped letting me use the Phone about a month ago so cant sent a text. Now the Question is can it be sent by e-mail. Anyone give me any update on new system.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I would also like to know as they are putting their prices up today whether i can opt out for free or not. That would be on my other Virgin mobile that I am tied to a contract for.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

You can't opt out because of a rise in line with inflation, as such rises are part of your contract 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi jock1e

Any annual  pay rises that affect our customers are advised in a letter 

In this letter, details will be included on how you can leave without incurring any termination fees, should you still be in contract 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

enlli. I thought that was the likely answer. So annoying when you are stuck on a contact but dont actually get a signal to use your phone unless you leave the district. My wife needs her phone to contact Doctors and Hospital and for them to contact her.. She upgraed he phone in Septemder I think and went from £8 a month to £9 a month. That is an extra £12 a year but they want over £50 to get out of the contract. I pay £6 a month for my mobile sim and they stopped me using that because we could not remember security detail but are still charging for it even though we cant use it We had to move house but unfortuately went to an area that is not covered by Virgin and the signal is diabolical. Not Virgins problem I know. .But charging for something that we can hardly use is not being fair..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L Hi thanks for your reply. We moved in march but have had no contact from Virgin with any mail. Even had my Mail forwarded by the post office and nothing from Virgin.. Lost in post maybe. had a few bills come in by text. But eyesight bad so don't read them.. Usually says the amount of the bill and that is good enough for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Might of had some mail wanting there modem etc back again which we posted But not sure if by mail or Text.
0 Kudos