Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Leave Virgin

Hi Jock1e,

From next month, the PAC code process will be much simpler than it's current form however DPA will still need to be passed. 

We understand that you may be having trouble getting the account holder to contact us but unfortunately, unless your daughter has the correct password, there is no other way.

Once we are satisfied that DPA has passed, we will be happy to give you a PAC code.

Warm Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@jock1e

Whoever has the their name on the account is the account holder, not the person who pays the bills.

If you feel you can not get any further, use Resolver who Virgin work in partnership with for problems, there is a section for cancellation problems.  https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/virgin-mobile-complaints/services?territory_id=1

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Password. Could you enlighten me. Is this the password that Virgin give customers when they sign up. Is it the password that goes with the email address or is it the security password that the customer gives as a reminder. I have been told that the password maybe sent out to my son in law shortly. But will have to wait and see.. They had no problem when leaving Virginmedia but trying to leave virgin mobile is a different story.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag thanks for the information. Something sort of put me off it as it mentioned 56 days. So will leave this one just now and concentrate on other ways of doing it. If that does not work I will try your method. Regards Jockie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The Media On line account has been closed by Virginmedia and we have opened a mobile account as advised. So maybe a little confused as to what account we have to know the security questions. I would imagine probably the Media account and not the mobile account. My Daughter has phoned them many times and had the satisfaction of have the phone put down on her after 20 minutes. So not in a hurry to phone again
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Please wait for the security password reminder and hope you're successful in obtaining a PAC code.

Please keep us updated so we can see if we can help progress this issue.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile run seperate from the Media side with billing and accounts, so mobile account information is what you want/need.

The answer they want is the Security answer from the mobile account.

If you have managed to open a online mobile account, you can now follow the links:  Update My Profile > Security Details > and change the security question and answer yourself, once you have done that you can ring and have the correct answer they are after.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Lisa. Not holding out much hope as we have moved to a different address. Although I have passed on the new address. I am not that hopeful of getting it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

tried that already and they said the security question was wrong when asked even though we had reset it.

But will try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, I've just checked and we don't send security reminders for Mobile Accounts, only for Cable Accounts.

If the Account Holder is not able to call us to pass DPA and obtain a PAC code for you, the alternative is for the Account Holder to submit a complaint to us and we will look at it that way. However it must be the Account Holder.

It does seem to be long winded but it's because we take security very seriously. 

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos