Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Can't Leave Virgin

Hi I have a virgin pay monthly sim and my problem is having moved houses lately and closing our virginmedia accounts due to there being no Virgin broadband in our area. I have tried repeatedly to contact Virgin mobile but the mobile signal is so bad that I keep getting cut off. And my other problem is my daughter has forgotten or not sure of her security details, But has managed to get as far as Virgin request for a Pac code and getting cut off. Only getting rid of Virgin Mobile as the signal is practically none existent in our home. My daughter got so fed up trying to contact them and getting cut off that she has gone to the extremes today .and blocked any further payments from her bank. All we want is a simple disconnection and a Puc code. Is there anyone on here that can help.. The last problem was they did not recognize the last letter of our password even though we believe it to be correct.. So any help welcome . Will add that I have been with VM for about 15 years .And never had any problems but this is getting me down. No Mobile phone signal in the house so have to go outside to try and phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Leave Virgin

Hi Jock1e,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry that you have been unable to cancel and get a PAC code.

As you are trying to cancel your service it would have to be our customer relations team you speak to, you can call them on 0800 183 1150, you can call from any phone as this is a free number.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks Paul it is the security questions being asked . We were sure we gave the correct answers but was told to go to her account and get the details from there. I don't think she has a mobile account as it was probably in with her main account. Now we can get into her main account but as she has left Virgin the account is empty except for her account number. So not sure what else they need but getting nowhere fast. It is my mobile but in my daughters account.. She phoned them about 4 times this morning and got cut off 4 time so she is not at all happy.. Now that 0800 number is it free using a different mobile isp. Or do they charge.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Thanks for coming back to me.

The 0800 number is free yes. If the account holder can't remember the password we can give them a reminder, if this doesn't help then we can ask security questions if they are wrong we advise checking the online account.

If an online account hasn't been set up then I advise setting this up before she cancels the account.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul I find it just as hard to leave Virgin as the country has in leaving the EU. But just to be different it is mostly down to myself and my Daughter for not remembering details for security that we gave years ago. Signed into the Mobile set up and have the account number and changed the security question. So all I need now is a phone that can pick up their wireless signal . Failing that I can always go and park outside asda's as i get a good signal from there. Once again not VM's fault as we changed houses and signal is useless inside the house. and 1 bar outside. It is hard to believe that I am only about 3 miles away from my old house as the crow flies and VM has no broadband here and the mobile signal is very poor.. So they have lost 2 customers who have been with them for a long time.and would have preferred to have stayed with them. Thanks so much for your help. I hope to be able to phone them tomorrow again and we might even get someone on the other end of the phone who is helpful.for a change. Regards .Jockiie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Good morning jock1e, 

I'm really sorry to hear that we will be losing you as a customer. 

Have you now been able to get and cancel your services now? 

If you still need help getting both accounts cancelled then please let me know so I can send you a private message. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean. Had no problem removing the TV . Wifi and home phone. Held on to the Mobile but unable to use it as there is basically no Signal at our new home. Normally keep passwords etc but have lost the paperwork when moving. Probably about somewhere but not found it yet. I will probably phone them today or tomorrow at some time. But nothing worse than being on the phone for 20 minutes at a time then getting cut off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply jock1e, 

I have now sent you a private message so we can go through alternative security methods. 

Regards, 

Dean C 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well we tried again today. made another call. They Answered what They could. Then got asked. What is your favourite song. Well that really stumped them. Does anyone have a favourite song. I doubt it. Hmm sorry they were told cannot continue but will get someone to call you back in the next 48 hours to see if they can help. Brilliant i don't get a signal on my phone so how are they going to phone back.. Makes you wonder if they are just trying to make you stay. That is not going to happen... .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Ok lets see if anyone else can help. Our problem is that my Daughter opened her Virgin account but her husband used his card to pay all the direct debits. So he is classed as the Account holder. Now the problem with that is he has no idea what security questions etc has been added as he did not open the account' But Virgin will not talk to anyone except the account holder who knows nothing except what he pays to virgin.. So as no one else is allowed to contact virgin how in the name of the wee man next door are we supposed to communicate with them. They do not want to know. The question is of course has anyone else had the same problem and managed to get it sorted. I am waiting for a Pac code from them so that my new mobile ISP can have my virgin mobile number transferred to them. So far it is a case of easy to join but hard to leave. I have asked if they can phone my son in law to get permission for his wife to contact them on his behalf.But so far have not got an answer to that except that the will only talk to the account holder. You would think that there would be an easy way out.of this but so far no luck. It does not help that my daughter is not sure if she has all the correct Security answers as it was a long while ago that she registered. I did hear on the news that starting from next month or the one after that all mobile phone numbers will be .automatically transferred to the new mobile provider instead of having to go through all this carry on. Anyone else confirm this.. .
0 Kudos