Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can someone please help!

Hi,

I am hoping someone from the Virgin team can help with this. I have recently moved over to Virgin Mobile from EE and ported my number, which worked a treat. As I am not a massive mobile user, so I chose a new phone with the price plan at £24.00 per month which included unlimited calls and text's and 1gb of data. I made my purchase through Virgin's website.

Yesterday (2nd Nov 2020) I received a text from Virgin stating that I was about to hit my credit limit and that I needed to make a payment. Confused was I. After speaking to numerous different people at customer services, they told me that I had signed up to a data only price plan, which is not the case. After scouring Virgin's website, it seems that a data only price plan is not available, so how could I have selected it?. I also used the webchat facility and it was confirmed to me by an operative that data only tariff's do not exist with Virgin and that all sim bundles are a combo of talk/text/data. 

Whilst I appreciate that each of the operatives I spoke with at customer services were in an overseas contact centre and they seem to be only able to read from a script, this has not helped at all. I therefore, would be really grateful if someone from Virgin within the UK contact me so the matter can be resolved and I can have the right mobile plan I selected..

Many Thanks for your time.

Gill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can someone please help!

OK. This has happened before. I'll escalate this to the team

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much enlli

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Gill. 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Let me help you via PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos