cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not make or receive calls in Spain. SMS is ok

NigelWeaver
Tuning in

I am on holiday in Spain. SMS is ok but i can not make or receive calls. Calls come through on my phone but when I answer it the call ends abruptly.

I also can not use any data roaming when I am not on WIFI.

All data roaming settings on my account and mobile look ok (to me at least!)

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @NigelWeaver, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with calls and data in Spain. Just to confirm, have you been able to make any calls at all since you have been in Spain?

When you have logged into your online account were you able to reset the roaming service? If not, I would recommend doing this then rebooting the phone.

It may also be a good idea to try performing a manual network search on the phone to connect to another network to see if this works. You can find mobile support here on how to do this on different handsets.

If you still have issues after checking these steps please let us know, we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for the reply.

Have rebooted the phone and can now make calls, but can not receive calls. When my wife rings me and I answer it we can not hear each other. If I don't answer the call it terminates itself after a few rings.

Thanks for getting back to us @NigelWeaver

I am sorry you're still having some issues using your mobile service in Spain.  Please can you advise me which handset you're using?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, its a Samsung Galaxy A7.

Thanks for getting back to me.

As you’re using an Android phone, please can you do the following: 

Select Apps from your home screen > Virgin SIM toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. 

Once this has been done you might need to reboot.  Let us know if this works for you. 

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

That has appeared to fix it.

Many thanks, Nigel 

Thanks for getting back to us @NigelWeaver.

And thanks for confirming that your issue appears to be resolved.  I am assuming you've already checked out our roaming hub?  

Regards

Lee_R