cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not call landlines with mobile

Soph123
Joining in

Hi

For the last few days I have been unable to make calls to landlines. I get a message stating that I haven’t got enough credit. I am on a monthly contract with unlimited data and minutes .  All other calls are unaffected. 

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Soph

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Soph123 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the calling issue with your mobile. Is this a premium number landline you're calling?

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, no it’s not a premium landline number. I have rung the landline multiple times in the past, just not being to ring it since Wednesday. 
thanks 

Hi Soph123, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Do you have a spend cap in place on your account? If so, try removing this, restarting the device and then try making the call again. Has this changed anything? 

Is it only this landline number that you're having the issue with or are you having this issue when trying to call any and all landline numbers? 

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Yes I do have a spend cap in place, which has been in place since the contract began. I do not wish to remove the spend cap unless Virgin are willing to pay any additional charges, which I do not think they will agree to. 

It is all landlines that I get the zero credit message to

It started around last Wednesday 29th March 

I have restarted my iPhone 

Thanks

Hi Soph, 

Thanks for coming back to me again on this one. 

As this is happening on all landlines, removing the spend cap will unlikely work. We will need to look in to this further and in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs