Menu
BillyBull
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can existing customers get any new deal on the Virgin website?

Hello

I’m a Virgin mobile customer and need more data for my phone. I’ve found a deal that best meets my needs through Uswitch which takes me to the Virigin mobile website to buy it. I contacted customer services on 789 and was told that they cannot see this deal and if I want the deal and keep my same number (I’m pretty keen to as I’ve had for the last 15 years) then I have to leave Virgin, go to another provider and then rejoin Virgin. The process is:

• Order the new deal and sim through the Virgin website, through Uswitch
  • Cancel my existing Virgin mobile contract
  • Set up a new PAYG sim, with a different provider
  • Give the PAC code to the new provider
  • Then PAC my number back to the new Virgin contract

I appreciate that these USwitch deals are to tempt new customers, but surely I don’t need to jump through all of these hoops just to keep my same number and get a deal that is on the Virgin mobile website?

I read a post on the community that Virgin will honour any deals that exist on their website. Does this include deals that are linked from switching sites?

Thanks

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can existing customers get any new deal on the Virgin website?

If out of contract, you can take up any Virgin advertised deals here 

But if you want the uSwitch deal, it will be the instructions you have been given.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
BillyBull
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can existing customers get any new deal on the Virgin website?

Hello

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated. 

I've had a look at the offers and they are no way as good as the one I was after which I can get through Uswitch or Carphone https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/affiliates/6-for-3gb-12mth-exclusive . It's a real shame that Virgin is a brand that is all about championing the customer but doesn't practice what it preaches - but I do get that these deals are for new customers. I've been a  Virgin customer for the last 14 years and maybe time to leave. May come back in the future.  

0 Kudos