Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I transfer a mobile number from someone elses Virgin account to a new Virgin sim on my account?

As per title,

A previous family member had Virgin and dealt with the mobile bills but a lot of things have changed at home, she still pays for three Virgin sim contracts and has done for around five or six years, one number I use. I want to get my own sim as I have my own Virgin TV and Broadband account.

But I would like to retain the number I have on the sim she pays for, and transfer that to a sim I pay for.

Is this possible without disrupting number use? I work 12h a day and am pretty busy, the number is linked to my bank and other apps and it would be a nightmare to change number.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I transfer a mobile number from someone elses Virgin account to a new Virgin sim on my account?

Pretty sure this is not possible as it comes up frequently.

Will be a case of using a PAC code to transfer out of Virgin and then another to PAC back in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I transfer a mobile number from someone elses Virgin account to a new Virgin sim on my account?

Thankyou for the reply.

That is absolutely appaling, another family member currently pays £27 a month for a 20gb sim for herself, her eldest lad, and me, she is now having difficulty paying that as she now works part time and has some health issues, and I can purchase family sims and my own sim as I currently pay over £100 a month for a TV/broadband package and have never had my own mobile phone contract or sim.

She cannot cancel two of those as the numbers are in use for banking, verification apps, and work etc. And me taking responsability for my own sim and transfering the Virgin number from a sim she pays for to a Virgin sim I can pay for seems sensible as it allows her a little more leeway with her finances.

Hell I dont even know why Virgin are still scamming the poor lady with those sim prices, she is spending £27 for sim data plans I can get for £12.

She spent all her life with this company since United Artists contracts, was overcharged for a number of years on items on her bills she never had or that were removed when the company changed, and even paid for a year for a second box that was never installed that only got resolved why I saw it itemised and never even received, no, she got no compenstation for that, nor did she get anything when Virgin kept charging her for months for a phone she had paid off. And yes it got that bad the lady could not afford her Virgin Media TV and internet, she could only afford the sim cards and fell into arrears with Virgin TV.

From what I gather thats pretty common with Virgin who are happy to take as much as they can for as many years as possible with customers having to cancel contracts to benefit from deals that have been out for years that offer better packages at far less cost.

How many sims are on family packages and how often do families change as children grow up and customers get older? Does it not seem a little medieval in this day and age to have your backside so tightly clenched to helping families and customers maintain Virgin accounts withing their family groups?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I transfer a mobile number from someone elses Virgin account to a new Virgin sim on my ac...

Hi sastusbulbas,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting, there may be a solution to your problem with regards to having the number in your name on a new.

Unfortunately this is not something we would be able to deal with through this forum as it is quite a detailed process. You would first have to change the number to a PAYG number from the current account holder, we would then need to register the number in your name and so a credit check. Once you pass this stage we could then look at putting you on a SIM only deal.

You would need to speak to directly with our mobile team to arrange this with the current a count holder of the number you would like to take over. Give our team a call on 0345 600 0789

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos