Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can I cancel my new phone and stick with the old one?

I've recently received a brand new Samsung S20fee from Virgin. However, I prefer my existing S8, which I've agreed to trade in with Virgin.

The S20fe is too bulky, too heavy and too big to use one handed while walking. While it's technically better than the S8, the improvements aren't worth £799. I'd rather just keep my old phone.

I'm within the 14 day cooling off period. Can I cancel the new contract and keep my old handset, pay off the remaining 3 payments on the old handset, and then only pay for my package?

[I've tried calling Virgin about this, but the woman I spoke to insisted I was getting the 7th letter of my password wrong but I've checked and checked again and I was definitely getting it right. She wanted to know my sort code and which date my direct debits come out instead, but who would know that off the top of their head!?]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I cancel my new phone and stick with the old one?

Hi ChameleonFactor,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any issues when trying to clear security on the account, I would advise to have the security questions information ready when calling so you pass data protection, as you're within your 14 day cooling off period you would then be able to cancel.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos