cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls keep dropping out

jimgironde
Dialled in

We have two Samsung Galaxy phones and both have Virgin sims, our broadband is also provided by Virgin.

About 2 weeks ago, incoming and outgoing calls would drop and then reconnect after 5 or 10 secs and maybe drop out again s few mins later. This has been happening to both mobiles.

I used the Virgin mobile signal checker and when I put my postcode in, it said there was a problem with a nearby phone mast not working and "our engineers" are working on it and will provide an update on by 7th March.

It states that the status is updated hourly with the last update timed at 15.38. However it has stayed at 15.38 for 3 days, so obviously not updated hourly.

As 7th March is 3 weeks away how can I get a true update on this fault?

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jimgironde,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your mobile service recently. Is it only happening within the one area that's reporting the fault that you've mentioned, or is it happening wherever you go?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Only happening at home I think.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your signal is supplied by O2 and the status updates come from them.

All fixes have an ETA but there are a whole list of variables. Gaining site access can be a problem. Ordering spares is another, I could add many more. O2 will only supply users with the information on their status page. However, this is also true of the other three networks.

https://status.o2.co.uk/

If it is problems at home look to use WiFi Calling. Virgin will need to enable it in your account 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @jimgironde,

Thanks for clarifying. If it's only happening within that particular area with the known mast issue then it'll certainly be related to that, but with the stuck refresh time you've mentioned I've raised that to the relevant team to investigate and correct.

If the issues continue beyond the time advised then let us know, but in the meantime I'd recommend using Wi-Fi Calling where you can to ensure you're still able to make phone calls when needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

thanks for that but do you need to enable wifi calling on my account as mentioned by a previous poster?

Hi @jimgironde,

I'll see if I can take a look for you. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

@Enlli 

Thanks for the o2 link. Both the Virgin and O2 pages are identical apart from branding and web address.