Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Calls drops only to other virgin mobile users

Hi there,

was wondering if someone could assist.

when making calls to other networks, I have no issues what so ever. But as soon as I call anyone who is also on virgin mobile, the calls consistently drop every 10 minutes and I have to call back the person again.

This is both for my virgin sim and my other half’s virgin sim, both our iPhones are up to date to the latest version. Carrier settings are the most recent configuration, new and pushed out and installed last week. Removed and reinserted the SIM cards in to an android phone and this still happens.

im guessing both SIM cards are from a bad batch? We’ve also noticed that since swapping over to virgin mobile, this has caused all our numbers to have spaces in them. We are constantly changing regional settings on the iPhones to Belgium then back to uk to fix this issue on a temporary basis. Found this temp fix on the virgin forums

can someone please assist, this is really frustrating as quite a lot of our family and friends use virgin mobile and it’s really annoying for calls the be dropping constantly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls drops only to other virgin mobile users

I can help with the number issue as this is a longstanding  problem between Virgin SIM cards an iPhone firmware

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National mode - you are done, go back to Home screen

If there is still a problem with spacing after this, go to dial assist and select any country except the UK and select. 

Once done go back to select UK and you should be OK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will give it a go.

can anyone else possibly assist with replacement SIM cards to try and sort the call dropping issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi monks600, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

Really sorry both you and your wife are experiencing issues with your mobiles. I would love to check things from our end and arrange a replacement sim if needed. In order to do this I will send you a private message, please reply when you can 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos