Menu
AshWolves
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Calls dropping

Hi, I’m having an issue where calls drop and I have no connectivity but only in a particular area (town centre). I have 2 sim cards for work and the one that doesn’t work is the 5G phone. 
I have called Virgin on numerous occasions but nothing has helped. 
this has been going on for nearly 2 months and is affecting my work. Any help or advise would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls dropping

One location would seem to rule out the phone.

I assume the 5G phone is running on a 5G SIM from Virgin which would mean it's on Vodafone.

If the other SIM is OK it could still be on EE.

On your 5G phone is VoLTE switched on? It is getting to the stage where that is becoming more important as calls over 5G and 4G require it otherwise they will drop to 3G (or even 2G) and there is a chance you will lose the call.

If it is a network fault then not a lot Virgin could do as it is down to the network provider and it is unlikely they would not know about it.

Both Vodafone and EE have thier ownfault checkers, so that would be the best place to go first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AshWolves
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Enlli! I do have the VoLTE on. I did ask Virgin whether it was a network issue but they  said they weren’t aware of any issues in the area. The calls i tried to make today were lagging. I called the wife and the call dropped. Got home and her mobile started ringing - my call was coming through 10 mins later. I will definitely check EE and Voda. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AshWolves, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with the mobile service. 

Have you been able to check with EE and Vodafone since your last post? 

Also have you experienced further issues when making calls?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
AshWolves
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have checked both EE and Vodafone network coverage and both seem to be fine. I couldn’t find any issues anywhere. Really could do with some help as the issue is definitely in one area only. As soon i am driving towards the town centre area, my phone goes off and hence cant receive notifications from my employer 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hope you have used the fault checkers and not the standard coverage maps. These are just computer predictions of coverage and are updated every 3 to 6 months.

Without knowing exact locations it is hard to pin point

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @AshWolves.

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't help explain things, I can appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Could you please expand on what the team have advised on this? Just to save any repetition of the same advice.

Is it just calls you're having the issues with? Is this via 5G calling? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AshWolves
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We tried resetting the network setting, turning wifi on & off, putting it in airplane mode etc. Then getting new sim cards, restoring factory settings and much more (sorry cant remember everything). 
I contacted Samsung too and we went through troubleshooting but all cam back fine. 
I am having problems with calls only in the town centre area. My second Virgin phone (not 5G)  is working fine. So i am assuming it has something to do with 5G? 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear that @AshWolves, thanks for expanding. 

This seems to be the case, can you confirm both the device and your area are 5G compatible? If you're unsure, you can check this here. It may be a case the town centre isn't 5G compatible which may explain the drops in your calls. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AshWolves
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The town centre and phone are both 5g compatible. But even it wasnt wouldn’t The phone just connect to 4g and let me make and take calls? 
There is definitely 5G in our city especially in the town centre area

0 Kudos