Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Calls dropping off

Recently I've had terrible service on calls from my virgin mobile.    Calls will be fine for a few minutes then suddenly drop off and the other person can't hear me.  Signal always shows as good and my handset (one plus 7t) has no issues on internet calls (WhatsApp, ms teams etc) .  

This started happening about 6 weeks ago and it's a significant inconvenience since I'm working from home and in the process of trying to coordinate an extension build on my house.  

Tried phoning support but don't really have the time to wait on hold for an hour.  

Basically, the ability to make calls on my phone is seriously impaired by this.

Hope someone can help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls dropping off

This is my post. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-calls-keep-getting-dropped-going-silent/td...

Still not resolved. Absolutely shocking service. 789 just do not want to know. I don't know where the call centre is based but they had the gall to say I'll have to pay an early termination fee if I leave - this product is completely inferior and I have to pay a fee?! Why?!

I've never posted anything on forums before but this issue was so annoying I had to reach out. 

Since 1998 I've owned various phones with various networks and never seen anything as bad as this. 

I'm going to give it a little longer, see if anything is resolved. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello jtdp

Sorry to hear this is happening and thank you for letting us know about it 

We can get this looked at and fixed which will just be sending out a new Sim card 

I will need to pass security first though 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security jtdp

I will get a new sim sent out today for you 

It can take up to 5-7 working days to be received 

Can you please let me how you get on with it

Also We do have Wifi calling available now if that helps the reception for the time being 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos