Menu
sueraf
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calls and texts not working

I spoke to an adviser a couple of days ago to get a new sim deal.  I am now unable to make or receive phone calls or texts.  Please can someone from Virgin respond to get it sorted out. Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls and texts not working

Hi there @sueraf

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I am sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your SIM. 

So we can assist you, can you elaborate on the issue?

• Did you take out a new SIM deal? 
  • Did you receive a new SIM?
  • What happens when someone tries to call you?
  • What happens when you try and call out? 

Have you checked the status of your account via your online account at all? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sueraf
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I took out a new SIM package last week (although it doesn't actually kick in until my refresh on 28/5) but did not get a new sim card. 

Since my call to Virgin to arrange this I now get a new symbol at the top of my screen - a phone with a wifi symbol - which sits alongside my normal wifi and mobile signal symbols.  But at random points in the day I get no mobile signal and cannot make or receive calls or texts, and sometimes this new phone/wifi symbol disappears.  This loss of signal has never happened before so must be linked to whatever was done on my account last week. 

I get messages such as "unable to connect to network", "selected network not available" and then randomly it will re-connect and I am suddenly able to make calls.  This happens when I am at home so it is not that I am in a bad signal area.

I have 3 numbers on my account and I changed all three sim packages when I called.  The other 2 seem to be working fine.

I have just looked on my online account.  I'm not sure what you mean by "status"??  I can see that two new "accounts" have appeared, although there is no phone number attached to them and no information in them.

When someone texts or calls me at a point when I have no signal, the message never comes through so I have no idea anyone is trying to call me.

0 Kudos
sueraf
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And just to add to my reply of yesterday.  I switched my phone on this morning and received text messages which had been sent the evening before but had not been delivered. I was able to send a text message and then 5 minutes later went to no service.  So once again I cannot make calls or texts. I really do need this sorting our asap.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sueraf,

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a closer look at this for you. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sueraf, 

Thanks for messaging with me and Beth, Sorry it took so long to figure the issue out glad it is resolved and your service is working, please any more issues and we will be happy to assist 🙂

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos