Menu
venmo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Calling out delay

Hi, I have just switched my phone and a family members phone from 2 other networks. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and my family member has a cheap touch screen phone.

After switching I noticed that my outgoing calls are taking around 7-10 seconds of silence until I hear ringing on my end. I have never had this with my previous 2 networks which took about 2 seconds to start ringing on my end when making calls. When other people try to call me they also get 7-10 seconds of silence until the ringing starts on their end.

I decided to test my family members phone with their new virgin sim and they hear ringing on their end when calling other people apart from me within 2-3 seconds. I then used their phone to try and ring mine and it then took about 8 seconds of silence until the ringing started.

I swapped our two new sims over by putting mine in my family members and theirs in mine. My sim works perfectly in theirs and takes around 2-3 seconds to hear ringing when calling out. Their sim which is now in mine takes 7-10 seconds to hear the ringing when dialing out.

This is really odd as I have never had this problem with any other network. My phone was working fine a few days ago on my old network with hardly any delay at all before you hear the ringing.

Are there any known problems with the s7 and virgin mobile? Are there any things I can try to fix the issue? Sometimes it takes so long I keep double checking the screen to see if I actually pressed the call button.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calling out delay

Hi Venmo,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile service looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I also have a Virgin Mobile and the delay is also apparent but I have no other issues when the call connects, this is just something that occurs on Virgin Mobile networks and there is nothing to worry about with any further issues.

Is there any other issues with your mobile network when trying to call out?

Any low signal or stuttering noises on the call? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos