Menu
pjoules
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calling from contacts gets German notification

Hello

I am in the UK. For the last few days, when I call anyone from my contacts (iPhone 12 on Virgin) I get a message in German saying "This number is unavailable".  My father tells me that, when calling me from his UK landline he gets the European ring tone.  If I dial a number manually the call goes through OK.

Is this a Virgin routing issue?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calling from contacts gets German notification

Welcome to Virgin and their wonderful Belgian SIM cards which don't play nice with iPhones

Try This

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pjoules
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  A reboot sorted it, I should have tried that before jumping to the conclusion that it was an issue at the Virgin end of things.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjoules,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, glad to hear things have improved after a reboot, it doesn't always work if there is a fault however it is always worth a try.

I have had a look our end and everything looks OK no issues, it does however show a reboot hasn't been done for 12 days, when rebooting try unplugging from the power and leave 2 minutes then plug back in.

If you do continue to have any issue try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Please note when doing a pin reset the Router will revert back to factory setting and any changes made would be lost.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
pjoules
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul.  As I said in the original message it was a phone issue so nothing to do with the router.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry V,

I think the reboot confused me, I hadn't looked at the previous post properly as you said it was resolve, my apologies.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos