Menu
JohAJ
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called Number unrecognised on Wifi Calling

Hi,

I can call my wife's number on the 4g network however I cannot call it using wifi calling.  The network says number not recognised.  I have changed the format etc but still no luck. Can call other numbers through Wifi Calling.

Does wifi calling work to phones on the same wifi network?  Any other suggestions please? J

0 Kudos
JohAJ
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Called Number unrecognised on Wifi Calling

More information:
When I am on wifi calling I cant call this one Virgin number, which is my wife's but can call all other mobiles on wificalling!
Any thoughts please?
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohAJ,

Thanks so much for your first ever post on the community! Welcome 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues when trying to WiFi call your Wife's phone. WiFi calling to other devices connected to the same WiFi network hasn't been known to be any sort of issue, but it is strange how the service is behaving in that way. Especially since you're able to call other numbers perfectly fine.

Have you tried calling your Wife's mobile when you've both been connected to other WiFi networks e.g when you've been at another house?

Also, are both your's and your Wife's SIMs attached to the same Virgin Mobile account?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JohAJ
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Both Sims are on the same account.  Calling on Wifi  home/ friends house or 4G to my Wife's phone only works one in ten times when she is on Wifi Calling. We have changed the iphone as Virgin help said it was the phone - but clearly it is not as the problem persists.

Other numbers not on Virgin work as you are aware.

Thank you for looking into this.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohAJ,

Thanks for all those details, it is definitely a strange one.

What I'm going to do is pop you over a PM so I can take a closer look at this for you and take a look at your account to see if there could be any reason at all that could be causing this to happen.

Please find a message from me over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JohAJ
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I still have this problem calling my wife.  Virgin stated it was probably her iphone so we changed it to a later model. When I try to phone the call fails or number not recognised.

Can someone help please as its been a problem of unreliability for 2 months.

0 Kudos