cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting

Leelie
Tuning in

Need help to activate call waiting, I've tried everything my end and SIM won't allow me to change it, could an admin give help please,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Leelie,

I'm not 100% sure that a SIM Card can dictate settings on a phone ... At least it can't on my mobile.

I have a Samsung phone with a Giffgaff SIM Card, and tbh, I had to look up how to activate Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, & Call Barring ... But once I found what I was looking for it allowed me to make any changes I wanted to.

Can you actually get to the Call Waiting slider on the phone, or will it not let you reach that far?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Leelie,

I'm not 100% sure that a SIM Card can dictate settings on a phone ... At least it can't on my mobile.

I have a Samsung phone with a Giffgaff SIM Card, and tbh, I had to look up how to activate Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, & Call Barring ... But once I found what I was looking for it allowed me to make any changes I wanted to.

Can you actually get to the Call Waiting slider on the phone, or will it not let you reach that far?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Leelie, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with call waiting. If it is showing as active on the handset and it's still not working then we can check the settings from our side are all correct too - just get back to me via PM and we'll take it from there.

Tom