cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting activation

BananaPhoneJim
Tuning in

Seen this has been an issue for a while for some...had it as default on all my other networks. Tried *43#, restarting handsets and double checked my phones physical settings but can't get CW to work. Anyone available to check/activate it on my account from the backend please

12 REPLIES 12

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BananaPhoneJim, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting call waiting activated. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BananaPhoneJim, 

Thanks for coming back to me and sticking with me via private message. 

I have checked things this end and I can confirm that the call waiting is showing as active on this end. 

Can you try popping your SIM in another handset for me to see if it's working on another device? 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I haven't got a usable second device to try it on at the moment

Hi BananaPhoneJim, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

As it stands, as everything is active from our end, we can only assume that the device is at fault. 

When you do have a chance, please try in another device and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The code for enabling call waiting is an MMI code. They don't work on some handsets if WiFi and 4G is on.

Switch off WiFi and change your network type to 3G / 2G only then try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Worked by default when I was with EE, same handset. Will try 3G suggestion

Hi BananaPhoneJim thanks for getting back to us.

I hope the advice from our fantastic community members, helps resolve your issue.  Please do let us know how things go?

Regards

Lee_R

Tried with both 2G and 3G as preferred method. WiFi off.

Still can't get call waiting to work. Mums phone on iD has call waiting working by default...irritating that this is something that needs setting up as opposed to just being a thing. 

Also just tried it in safe mode and nothing doing