cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality

amyrebecca22
Joining in

I’m a new customer to virgin mobile, I was previously with Vodafone. I transferred my number over but ever since then the quality of my calls has been horrendous. When I ring anyone or they ring me, there is a horrible sound muffled sound with the dial tone. Then during the call the quality isn’t great and I can hear other noises on the line like bleeps or the line is muffled making it difficult to hear the other person. I don’t necessarily think it’s a signal issue as it happens wherever I go and even at home when I have WiFi calling enabled. It’s to the point now where I don’t like ringing people or answering the phone because the call quality is so bad. I’m using a brand new iPhone 12 Pro so I don’t think that’s causing it. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening and how I resolve it? It’s making me wish I’d stayed with Vodafone. Prior to switching numbers I had no issues, it’s only since the number has been transferred that I’ve had this issue. 

21 REPLIES 21

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @amyrebecca22 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your mobile.

I have managed to locate your account from here and after checking the masts in the area there seems to be a few issues, you can check this for your self here.

Do you have the issues where ever you are making phone calls or just in one specific area?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hiya thanks for your message. it’s mainly when I’m at home but does also occur when I’m out and about. 

so if there’s an issue, how does i get it resolved? 

Thank you for that information. 

If the issue is reported then this will be getting worked on already. We normally advised up to 3-5 working days for mast to be fixed. Although depending on the fault this can be longer. 

As you have advised this can occur when your out and about it could be something else. Can you confirm if the quality drops when you're in transit or stationary?

Is this inside buildings or outside?

^Martin

Hiya, I've been travelling around a bit this last week or so and I noticed the issue seems to happen wherever I am. I was in 80 miles from my home and it still happened. I also travelled to my office 15 miles away and again the call quality was poor.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @amyrebecca22

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this must be very frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Are you able to check the area you travelled to here to see if there's any mast issues in this area? 

Do the same issues with the calls occur that you mentioned in your first post? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Below is what it said, I'm not sure if this shows an issue.  I drove around and it still did the same. Its the exact same issues as I experience when at home or when I drove to the office. Is it an issue with the handset? I'm really loosing patience. I dread people calling me or having to make a phone call because of the poor call quality. 

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.45.47.png

Thanks for coming back to us @amyrebecca22

Can you please confirm if you've been able to use the SIM card in a different handset to see if the fault continues?

If the fault, does not re-emerge on the alternative handset, it would likely point to an issue with the iPhone.

However, if the fault were to follow onto the alternative handset, it may be worth us issuing a different SIM card to see if this resolves the issue for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hiya I don’t have another handset to test this on. Unfortunately my previous phone broke which is why I took out a new contract with you.  

however the phone was ok initially when I had my temporary number with virgin. It’s only when my phone number transferred from Vodafone to virgin that the problem started 

Thanks for coming back to me @amyrebecca22,

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn