Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call Fail

I have a virgin mobile as a back up phone (on monthly contract). If I try and phone my main (Vodafone) number I get failed call. But if I respond to a received call from that number it works ok. 

Why is the call failing if number is selected from contacts or keyed in on phone pad?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call Fail

HI Eastcraigs, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some issues with the services and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue now?

Can the SIM be tried in another phone? 

Which phone are you using? 

Does it work if you manually dial the number? 

Have you tried removing and re adding the contact? 

Is it just this one number?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

It was just that number, didn’t matter if you selected from contacts or keyed in the number - it would fail.  Only way you could call that number was to reply to a relieved call from that number.  Anyway - had so many other problems with Virgin coverage and failed connections to Virgin mobile that we gave up and switched to Vodafone - no problems since with calls or coverage.  

We live about 1 Mile from ‘Virgin HQ’ in Edinburgh.  I’ve had Virgin TV / broadband (Telewest, Blueyonder - as was) for almost 30 years.  Went many many years without any issues at all.  Last couple years the problems with broadband and wifi in particular have been almost constant.  This mobile contract with Virgin was our first go at the mobile service - but too many intermittent problems and call fails for us to stick with it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise it wasn't fixed and you've since decided to leave, that is disappointing.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with further. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos