Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPLAINT - new contract

churmetta
Tuning in

Hi

I would appreciate any advice

On 22nd May I called virgin mobile and signed up for a new mobile contract and handset. Credit search complete, all agreed new number provided and pre contract documents sent. I agreed these but then received an email to say a few extra checks were required. The adviser I spoke with said this would be completed in 24-48 hours and that she would call me back to arrange delivery of the phone.
no phone call happened

I called 24th May and told I had to wait longer and now it could take 3-5 days

I called 26th May to chase and told that it was with the back office !
I chased 27th May and was told that they had to raise an update request and that I had to wait a further 24-48 hours !
I then logged a complaint on 27th. Confirmation said I would hear within 48 hours - yet to hear anything !

On 30th May I rang again to chase. I was told that she had spoken with the back office (who need to do these extra checks) and that they received the update request on 27th and that I would hear within 24-48 hours and that the girl would call me with an update

it’s now the 1st June. I’m on day 10 of waiting! I have called again to chase. I’ve been told that it’s in pending status and that she needs to raise another update request which means another 24-48 hours wait! She told me the reason they need to complete extra checks is due to a previous handset loan I’ve had to make sure it’s was all paid off … however I’ve never been with virgin mobile before

the latest girl said that normally if the extra checks haven’t been completed within 4 days then the order is cancelled however mine is set at pending with cancellation option greyed out

everyone is telling me different. I’m given different timescales, no one is calling me back as promised and I’m just frustrated

I’ve been with virgin media for years and thought this would be an easy process but it’s become a nightmare and I’m not sure where to go from here

I don’t really want to cancel as I’ve already had the credit check completed and agreed

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @churmetta 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your handset.

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Leigh12
Tuning in

Hi. Exactly the same experience/timeline for me. I had 5 orders placed just to get a new mobile contract, the process was unbelievably tedious and used hours of my time trying to chase. My advice, cancel everything and head off elsewhere, you’ll not get a new phone from Virgin as they’ll just keep churning over the same process and leaving it “parked with the fraud team/back office”, cancelling orders, raising another, cancelling….

I called Sky Mobile and had my new phone in my hand less than 24 hours later. No hassle at all. Don’t continue wasting more time with Virgin, they can’t deliver their service right now. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Leigh12, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am really sorry to hear of the experience you've had whilst trying to do this - certainly not the level of experience we aim to provide at all. If there is anything we can do to help going forward - please let us know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Morning

thank you for your reply 

I called again yesterday whilst I was posting this and low and behold about 10 mins after the call I had all the confirmations come through and I receive the phone today 

I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience !! Atleast you’ve been able to sort with Sky 🙂 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for keeping the thread updated with your outcome, @churmetta 

Have a great weekend 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Cheers Ryan. Your colleague on the forum, Gareth L, did his best to push my process forward but to no avail. I even submitted my id docs requested directly to the fraud team, which they fully approved and though it showed cleared on my account so, the sales team then decided to raise another new order. This new one parked, then got cancelled, i then gave up completely having spent in excess of 10 hours on chat/phone over the course of 2 weeks. 
something is clearly going on behind the scenes preventing orders being fulfilled. Shockingly bad customer experience from such a reputable company. The Virgin processing systems are broken. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can really appreciate how frustrating that must have been, and I apologise that has been the case. 

I assure you it's not the way we want any customer of ours to feel, but as mentioned I totally get why you would. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.