Menu
Keesambrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bringing existing number to new sim card

I have a virgin sim with my omph bundle. If I decide to use this, can I transfer my current mobile number to it, or do I have to use the number given to it by virgin? 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bringing existing number to new sim card

Hi Keesambrown,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you confirm if the number you're wanting to transfer over is with another provider or is it also with us?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Keesambrown
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, 

It’s a virgin SIM card that I have through having the omph bundle with you, I’ve had the SIM card for sometime now but have never used it. Virgin have told me that I can use it with a new phone contact with them where I just pay for the phone, but I would really like to keep my existing number. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would be happy to look into this, but first can you confirm if the number you have is linked to any handsets? As we would not be able to transfer a number to the OOMPH in that case.

If it is linked to a handset, you would need to pay of the handset before the transfer can take place as the SIM is linked to that particular phone.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Keesambrown
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is linked to a handset, but I have just come out of contract on the handset and do not owe any money on it now. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

We're not able to do upgrades via the forum but if you give the team a call on 0800 183 1150 they'll be able to look into this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos