Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brexit

When we leave the EU on friday will there be any changes to roaming abroad charges

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brexit

Hi Gill63,

To my knowledge there will be no difference until the end of 2020 as this is the transition period that both the UK and the EU agreed to finalise the tariffs and other legal stuff. We will carry on as we are regarding roaming but after the transition period has ended it is up to the network provider to carry on as they are regarding roaming, a lot of the top networks have said they will not change their roaming policy. Not sure if MVNO networks (Virgin) will follow the same as them. problem is also in 2021 Virgin will transition to Vodafone from EE so they may have different roaming policies by then?!

Hope this helps!

Carwyn

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. It has been officially confirmed that nothing will change in the Transition Period with regards to EU roaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Such a shame as Vodafone is junk in comparison to EE

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 

Roaming for the next 12 months has nothing to do with the change to Vodafone which is 12 months after that so a bit off topic there. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not really. Vodafone is junk, VM will be on Vodafone next year.

Quite relevant to me anyway
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Any idea about Roaming post Jan 2021 ? Virgin's own help pages  say nothing about Brexit and Googling the question still comes up with the gang of 4 who say nothing will change, I can't see anything from Virgin stating their position.

Reason I ask is I'm due to start another contract, but not if Virgin is reintroducing roaming charges.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well there are no agreements on telecoms so it's down to the networks on both sides of the channel as to whether they continue or not. Whatever is said, everything is to play for. I expect no initial changes, but how long that will last? 

Also Virgin is an NMVO. They have no roaming agreements of their own but use Proximus of Belgium

0 Kudos