Menu
Rhandley
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Black list

My partner just rang up to cancel his sim only contract, which we are out of contract with, the operator explained that we have to request to be removed from the black list? We asked what this is because we’ve never heard of it and she said you get put on a black list when you miss a payment/late payment/lost handset/lost sim. We have done neither of those things. We asked for an explanation as to why we are on the black list and proof, she couldn’t! She couldn’t tell us the reason. And then that was the end of the call? 

what is going on? You can’t put customers on a black list for no reason and then not explain why! 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black list

Might be worth a shot at the text method and see if it works

PAC or STAC?

Taking your number with you? - If you want to take your number with you, you’ll need a Porting Authorisation Code, usually called a PAC. You can get a PAC in one of two ways:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

Don’t want to take your number with you? - If you want to change mobile provider and automatically cancel your current service but not keep your mobile number, you’ll need a Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC). You can get a STAC in one of two ways:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘STAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 For example: STAC 01/03/1984

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black list

Thank for your post on our Community Forums @Rhandley, we can take a closer look into this for you

However, it would be helpful to know if the account is in your name, or if this is in the name of your partner? 

Ideally we would need to speak to the account holder to discuss the account in full

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos