Menu
ushar73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Billed for unused SIM

Hello, have just had a terrible experience speaking to your call centre staff in Philippines resulting in myself to loose my temper for which I apologize.

I took out a SIM only deal in May for my son who had ran out of DATA so I upgraded to the £12/m deal for 30 GB. However the representative did not inform me that the SIM won't refresh till the end of the month meaning my son would have no DATA for nearly 3 weeks, this was only relayed to me when I called up again after a few days. I was then told my only option  to get  a new SIM with DATA would be to cancel this new SIM and

with my son's original number and take out another contract with a new number, which I agreed . 

After speaking to your call centre by txt I was told this SIM would be cancelled but need to give 30 days notice even though I never used this new contract.

After assured everything was done I received an email saying because the contract was being cancelled early I will need to pay a cancellation fee of £126 !

So this time I called again asking to speak to a UK representative and told not possible. I explained the situation after which I was bluntly told the charges are valid and I can't speak to a manager.

I have been a Virgin mobile user for nearly 10 years and my entire household use virgin  mobile and I have virgin broadband and feel extremely let down by virgin.

In a fit of rage I have cancelled my direct debit.

Please  I hope someone from Virgin UK contacts me to get this resolved.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for unused SIM

I'll escalate this to the team  

Sadly, cancelling your DD will cause more problems than it will solve 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billed for unused SIM

Hi ushar73,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the call you had with the agent and what has happened with the SIM card. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to look into this further. What I will do is private message you to pass some data protection. 

^Martin

0 Kudos