Menu
ukguy183
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Bill Payment...

I paid £5 for my sim only bill yesterday by phone from debit card.  My total bill is £6 which was due on the 8th april.  I thought I would not have enough to pay for the sim only bill £6 direct debit.  I cancelled the direct debit for the sim only on my online banking yesterday.  I tried setting up the direct debit again last night with same details for online virgin mobile account.  Its not stated on my online banking the direct debit is set up.  Will I get charged on the 8th april £6 for sim only, if the direct debit gets set up again?  Online with my virgin mobile account, it says the £5 payment has covered for the £6 bill.  so only £1 needs to be paid.  Yesterday when I made payment from the phone the agent said, £1 will be taken by direct debit on the 8th april.  But I cancelled the direct debit after I made payment.  The agent on phone today said it takes 24 hours to reflect for direct debit.  She said the direct debit is still active.  Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill Payment...

Hi ukguy183.

We will only request the outstanding amount on the account via Direct Debit - so if only £1 is outstanding after the card payment was made, then that is all we will request. However please bear in mind that we request the amount 3 working days before it's actually taken - so if the card payment is made after we've requested the amount 3 days before it's due then 2 payments could be taken - hope this helps clear things up. 

If you would still like things to be cleared up a bit let me know and we'll investigate further. Alternatively you can text the mobile teams on 07533016422 (8am – 9pm Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm Saturday, and 8am - 6pm on Sundays)

Tom_F

0 Kudos