Menu
johnrowley8888
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Big problems after ordering a new mobile contract

I ordered a new phone last month16/4/21 it arrived next day without a sim . I contacted VM they said your current sim is fine to use so we will not be sending one. Come to Sunday16/5/21 at 00.10 my sim no longer works. Phone them on  Monday morning17/5/21 and they claim they have sent me out a new sim a month ago . When the sim was deactivated on the 16/5/21 I lost the ability to make/receive phone calls an any access to internet data yet I was still able to send and receive SMS messages. If it is deactivated then how am I still able to do that? I had received no warning regarding my sim being deactivated and I find it difficult to believe that they had sent me a new sim a month ago when I was told you will not need a new sim. If I have not received the sim first time around how can I have faith that I will be receiving this new one sent out in 3-5 days, you can get a handset to me in under 24hours yet a sim takes this long? The real issue I have is that I am now unable to use the mobile data to order cabs to and from the hospital for myself as I have weekly appointments or even worse that I have a six month old baby who is under a consultant for seizures who I am waiting for a phone call from who is now unable to contact me and I am unable to contact them due to virgin mobiles inept practices.  I had no warning this was going to happen and I was lied to at the start when I was told you do not need a new sim. This is actually potentially putting a life a risk. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big problems after ordering a new mobile contract

Hi @johnrowley8888

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we are more than happy to help you. 

I am very sorry for the way you have been treated and can appreciate this is not ideal at all, especially given the circumstances you are currently in at the moment. 

I will happily take a look into this for you, to do my best to get this resolved, but will need some account information if that's okay. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to Pm's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos