Menu
shodan007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Big Talk Roam Like Home has disintegrated

I am in France. Been calling my Virgin account partner (landline and mobile) who's been stuck in UK since July 2020 trying to save her mom. Am her life-line after her mom died horrifically few weeks ago.

Suddenly, after topping up (Pay as You Go Big Talk Roam Like Home) I am no longer given any allowances, minutes, per agreement.

And they are now charging me full whack for calls to my partner that previously were free as part of package - subject to Fair Usage, which I cannot have exceeded owing to the fact I'm making fewer calls and allowances were always adequate before when I was making many more calls.

Trying to sort this out on 789 is totally impossible, the staff speak in accents I cannot understand, and they seem they have not a clue what my problem is. On top of that when I call 789 now it gives me my credit amount - then it hangs up. They are even taking money from my top-up for calls to me.

So I can no longer call a distressed and grieving loved one without risking my top-up vanishes within minutes, or my call is cut off as has happened.

Pull your finger out Virgin, after twenty years as a customer this is pathetic. You'll do nothing? Then we go to Ofcom.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Big Talk Roam Like Home has disintegrated

I didn't even know that plan still existed. 

OFCOM will not be interested as they do not deal with individual complains. The official complaints procedure is outline on Virgin's website

I'll flag the post to the team. They will need account details from you to pass security, so have them to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
shodan007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for flagging my post to the team, much appreciated
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi shodan007,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened with your SIM tariff. 

To help discuss this further I will private message you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
shodan007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos