Menu
stevehenson
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bereavement help

I'm trying to notify Virgin of the death of my husband who had a Virgin Mobile account. There is a link to a form at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/account-holder-has-died which tells you to send it to Bereavement&criticalillness@virginmedia.co.uk

That is not a valid email address. Email addresses cannot have an & sign in them. I can't get through on the phone. Surely Virgin know they are not getting any emails. This is a disgrace. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bereavement help

I'm sorry for your loss,

However email addresses can contain '&', so you should be able to follow the information on that help page to get the support you need.

https://help.returnpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/220560587-What-are-the-rules-for-email-address-syntax-

The recipient name may be a maximum of 64 characters long and consist of:

Uppercase and lowercase letters in English (A-Z, a-z)
Digits from 0 to 9
Special characters such as ! # $ % & ' * + - / = ? ^ _ ` { |

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
stevehenson
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct, I was wrong about the & sign, the actual problem is when I cut and paste the email address from the form it comes out as '⦁ Bereavement⦁ &⦁ criticalillness@virginmedia.co.uk'

When I type it in manually it works ok. You might want to get the formatting sorted on the form. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevehenson.

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry for your loss, my condolences go out to yourself and family during this time.

I hope that you have now successfully been able to send over bereavement forms to us. I'm sorry for any confusion caused regarding the email address. I will feed this back to the team so the formatting can be reviewed.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,

Beth 

0 Kudos