cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belgium numbers format - Sim Applications option missing

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

So last year all my families iPhones had an issue that was fixed by going to Mobile Data>Sim Applications> and changing the option from international or auto to National.

This made the iPhone always think it was in the Uk and the contacts never reformatted to a Belgium format as the Virgin network uses a Belgium proxy network. 

This weekend I bought my wife a preowned iPhone 12pro. Today she tells me her numbers are wrong and her phone doesn’t recognise any numbers! 

this is was back! That’s an easy fix I thought.

Nope! Sim applications has gone! The simple fix has vanished?!!

has it been removed by Virgin or apple? 

what can we do now? 

I know that we are on O2 now via virgin virtual network and that we will in 2023 move fully to O2 so hopefully this issue will go but for now it’s an issue. I have 4 mobiles on my account. 

Virgin Mobile please assist. 

thanks

23 REPLIES 23

I will turn dial assist on and then run through your language fix. So set it to Belgium and then back to Uk.

can’t see it fixing the issue but happy to try it also.

will let you know tonight if possible.

Hi @TheRookieGB,

If the prefix is changing to Belgium then you'd need to adjust the Language & Region settings to Belgium and then back to United Kingdom again using the steps that I provided earlier. If the issue continues after that then let us know.

What are the other queries that you have which you don't believe to have an answer for yet? We'll do what we can to answer them for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Just this main question really as I simply want my wife’s new iPhone to work how her old iPhone did, when will all my 4 accounts move to O2? Will that fix the Belguim rerouting issue?

I have moved her iPhone to dial assist as so far it’s not changed. Let’s see how it goes tomorrow at work. She know how to turn it off again.

I suppose that if the final fix for all virgin mobile customers is when they fully migrate to O2 accounts then this needs to be done in priority of customers affected by this issue. 

hopefully early March or sooner.

thanks

Right now its hard to say when all 4 accounts will move over, the process starts in March and you will get a letter when it's your turn with all the details on it. 

Until we try this we can't give you a full answer unfortunately right now but you should see an improvement. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remember. When you get on O2 you can get a replacement SIM from an O2 Store. 

You can also get an eSIM if you wish

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey enlli, you shouldn't need a sim card it should all just do it over the air but you do have this choice. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No you don't need a SIM card but people might want to rid themselve of the Virgin one seeing the years of hastle

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No worries at all, that is an option at the end of the day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

wife is testing it today again at work. I will find out tonight by the level of rage in her eyes! 😳😂

Is their a priority list for the migration on customers with issues? Because if it’s a-z I won’t get migrated till August! Lol.

will update this later after work or in coming days on if this temp fix works or it keeps changing back to Belgium format.

thanks all for replies 

Right now it's being done in batches and to be honest there isn't a priority list for this yet.

I don't think it's being done in that order either, once it all starts going feel free to reach out and we will have a look to see if we can do it manually. 

Please keep us updated either way. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?