Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Being told to return Phone during Pandemic due to Sim issue

Someone Please Help Urgently

I received my new bundle in the post and when I set it all up I found my sim was DATA only with no calls or texts. I've spoken to some very rude off-shore agents who tell me for them to upgrade the sim I need to send the phone back and keep the sim to be sent a new phone ?! When I politely ask why they need the phone when its a sim issue they treat me like actual dirt. 

They are adamant I selected data only but my daughter checked as if ordering the same thing herself online and you CANNOT click data only with the phone, so it's an error virgins end. 

I am being told during a pandemic to send a perfect phone back to receive a new one, but to keep the sim. This is all extremely stressful and not needed.

I offered to wait a month just to stop all the extra work but they wont have it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being told to return Phone during Pandemic due to Sim issue

HI burton59, we are sorry to hear about the issues with you have had when calling in regards to the issue with the sim. Have you been able to get this resolved or do you still need assistance? ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Was told even though virgin sent me the wrong sim I needed to return the whole device to then get a new device, keep the sim and they could upgrade it when I had a new device.  This obviously was going to take a long time and I wasn’t even guaranteed that when I got the new device my sim would even change over. 

Cancelled contract instead, I’ve sent the device and it has been received by virgin. Will I receive an email about the device being checked and the  contract being cancelled ? 

Ive had a right ordeal. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry to hear about all of this - being honest I didn't even think it was possible to order a data-only SIM with a handset. It's really disappointing to hear it came to cancellation, apologies for the bad experience.

I don't think you would usually receive confirmation for this, but will be happy to check everything is as it should be. I'll send a PM to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don’t start me haha. Spent 5 hours trying to tell the call centre you CANNOT order data only. My daughter did it but to double check she pretended to do a second order and surprise surprise there’s no option. Glad to finally hear I’m not crazy haha.

Gutted to cancel with yourselves but the whole situation plus the current pandemic literally put me on the edge

I will reply to your message as soon as my daughter pops round as she knows all of this better than me.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with this.

I'm having similar issues - they have sent me a faulty device but they want me to send it off for repair now for a month...

Their customer service is SO bad - they are extremely rude, and just hang up when they can't be bothered anymore.

Don't forget to report this to Ofcom. Virgin can't be allowed to continue like this.